Saturday, November 8, 2008

Surprise!!


Elaine, my very very very close friend and prayer partner from Emory surprised me this weekend by showing up with the Spirit and Life college retreat. She lives in Florida now and I haven't seen her since last April. What an amazing and wonderful surprise! And not just Elaine but several other people who have been important in my faith formation came- Michael Tigue, campus minister extraordinare, Fr. Tim Hepburn, my good friends Paola and Keon-Young, and Linda, my go-to woman. I've loved having both my Emory community and my Covecrest community in one place. Its been wonderful to show everyone my new life and at the same time enjoy the comfort level that comes from years of friendship. I know that I'm not going to want to drive Elaine to the airport on Monday, but even though I'll hate having her leave, it has been a huge blessing to have her here for even a little while. God is so very good to me!

1 comment:

mamacita said...

This picture is AWESOME!!!
Lovin' those colors!!!