Saturday, October 18, 2008

Love Never Is, It Is Only Ever Becoming



Fall has finally come to Georgia! The mornings are crisp and cool and the air smells like a fire. It really makes me miss Connecticut! Its hard to believe that I've been here for over a month now, almost two. So much has happened and I'm learning so much, that its tough even to write it all down in a blog. The days go by fast and the nights even faster, it seems like the alarm goes off only moments after my head hits the pillow.

I think though that everything I am learning can be summed up in a quote that I recently heard from Pope John Paul II. He said, "Love never is, it is only ever becoming." When I first heard it, it was as if my soul exhaled, as though it was saying, "see, the pressures off." Its freeing to know that I can never love perfectly, that I am always learning how to love better, love more fully. It gives me freedom to try and fail, and then to get up and try again, freedom to say, I am imperfect, and that's ok, freedom to ask questions and admit mistakes. Its also a call to keep learning, to keep evolving in my faith and my love, which is pretty wonderful too.

1 comment:

mamacita said...

Fall is definitely my FAVORITE season...thanks for the photo!
Living in California, it becomes easy to forget. Being in Michigan last week when the leaves were beginning their change reminded me how much I love the season, and how long it had been since I'd seen it.
So, again...thanks for the photo!