Friday, September 12, 2008

My New Favorite Covecrest Task

Today was deconstruction day here at Covecrest. We had a couple of leaking showers to tear down in the Cole House and I got to help rip down the plywood and lining. Afterwards when it was time to salvage some wood I got to use the table saw. I probably should have taken pictures, because I know none of you are going to believe that I can do such a thing. I'm even learning to drive a stick shift so I can drive Old Brown, the beat-up camp truck. Who knew I could be so handy?

On a more serious note, I'm enjoying the simple rhythm of life here. The small tasks of everyday, whether it be cleaning the chapel, tearing down a shower, or helping out in the office, are filled with such meaning when you consider who you are doing them for. To be able to help make this camp a conduit of God's grace for all of those who come up on retreat is an amazing blessing. To work and play with intention, to be focused so fully on each and every moment of the day is the way life is lived here. We do a lot of work here each day, there isn't much "down-time" in the traditional sense of the word, but I've never felt so peaceful and relaxed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Colleen it sounds like you have found a place that you will be very happy. We are very proud of what you are doing and very happy for you. We love you much! The pics and blog are great and we enjoy them. Keep up thw work you are doing.

Dad